Friday, August 10, 2007

{Weird Dream}

I guess blogging has invaded my subconscious. The other night I had a dream in which I was out shopping with my mom. We walked into the store and a little family I know only from blogging was there. We both sort of looked at each other not really knowing what to say. Do you say "Hi, so-and-so, how are you?" ?? In my dream we just continued on without acknowledging our strange internet connection, but soooooo weird!! I mean, this is a totally plausible situation, one I've found myself in before and I didn't know what to say? I found myself feeling a bit embarrassed to admit I read about the lives of perfect strangers. So, what I want to know is, is there an etiquette when faced with this conundrum? I'm curious what others think would be appropriate.

3 comments:

Leah said...

So this dream has ACTUALLY HAPPENED TO ME in real life! And now we're going to have "blogging party". Isn't that hilarious?

Elyse said...

Glad I'm not alone =>

emily a. said...

I've wondered about that too. I think it's nice to just tell them you've looked at their blog and then compliment them on it or something. It's flattering and the truth is they are probably lurking on yours or others too. There are maybe 4 or 5 blogs of Leah's good friends that I've been looking at their blogs for years. Of course I hear about them all the time and feel like I know them but I've never actually met them.