




Jillian pulled out a card I'd saved since her baby shower four years ago. The card is from my Grandma Lyle-Ann and brought tears to my eyes as it did initially the first time I read it. I wanted to post it in case something should ever happen to the original. It's too special to be lost forever...
Dear Little One, 2004
We are eagerly awaiting your entrance onto the stage. Please be nice to your mother and cause her as little trouble as possible on the way.
On the other hand, do not be so easy that she forgets the wonder of your birth. It is a very special time.
Be nice to your father, too. If you play it right, you can rule the roost with him. Men are notoriously fond of their daughters, so make the most of it. On the other hand, little girls learn how to love a husband by practicing on Pop.
Don't forget where you came from, because some day you'll want to go back there, after your time here. Remember the Way-
Love, Great-grandma Lyle

1 comment:
That was the most precious note. I'm glad you posted that. You looked so fantastic with such a new baby. So sweet. Oh, and Jillie's little Hello Kitty outfit- stylin'!
Post a Comment