Wednesday, August 01, 2007
{Pickles, pickles, pickles...}
So proud of my first solo canning experience... Well, the pickle making part was not solo. In fact my cousin Jenny did most of the work chopping and boiling the cucumbers before we met up with my Grandma (Eichsteadt) to create the actual pickles. My grandma, Lyle Ann, is famous in our family for her delicious bread and butter sweet pickles. She is going on 88 and we really wanted to learn her secrets first hand while we can enjoy her instruction and company. So these pickles have a bit of history and I'm so excited to carry on the tradition. I brought home the briny cukes and continued to boil the brine a few more days before sealing them up in jars. Next I'm gonna make Aumish pickles with my Mom-in-law. And no I'm, not pregnant, but if any of you have a sudden craving, you know who to call =>



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment