Wednesday, August 22, 2007

{Spanish Rice}

Not much to post about around here, so I thought I'd post my little make-shift rice recipe. I didn't have all the ingredients for the recipe I normally use, so I improvised and it turned out surprisingly well? So here goes

Ingredients:
1c rice
1 clove garlic (large one)
1/4 onion chopped
2 chicken boullion cubes
2c boiling water
2 tsp olive oil
1 tsp ground cumin
1 pinch dried oregano
2 Tbsp your fav salsa

Add boullion cubes to 2 cups boiling water to begin dissolving (I would usually just use 2c canned chicken broth)

1) heat olive oil in a medium sauce pan on medium heat
2) add rice and stir occassionally until it begins to become toasty brown. (smells sooooo yummy!)
3) add garlic and onion to pan and continue moving around the pan until they become translucent. (2 minutes or so) Rice should be toasty brown
4) add chicken boullion mixture (CAREFULLY as it will spit and splatter as the liquid hits the hot pan, watch out for the steam)
5) stir in oregano, cumin, and salsa
6) bring back to a boil, cover, reduce heat to low and simmer 15-20 mins until fluffy.
7) remove from pan into serving dish. I recommend filling the empty pan with soapy water ASAP to prevent the residue from sticking like glue to the bottom of your pan =>

Enjoy!!

No comments: