Saturday, February 06, 2010

Quick Dinner

Just thought I'd post this easy-peasie soup recipe I've made a couple of times now. Sometimes, when I'm STARVING and could easily (and many times do) settle for junky food (ahem--like chips and salsa) I have the foresight to pause and make something simple and much more nutritious. This is one of those easy meals.

1 pckg aidels (and I HIGHLY recommend his brand, sooooo delish) chicken and apple sausage

1/2-1 cup chopped onions (saute in a little olive oil, with sliced sausage to brown)

then add:
3/4-1 cup frozen peas and carrots (or you can chop your own, frozen is just easy)

chicken broth, prob 3c or so, I like my soup brothy, so I tend to add lots of liquid

bring this mixture to a boil then add:

1/2 package egg noodles (I just dump in enough to be noodly, without sopping up all the liquid)

and simmer 10-15 mins.

I added a little sage and thyme for flavor. Then when it's all done I like to add a bit of cholula and cajun spice for heat. Pretty yummy. Just thought I'd share =)

2 comments:

emily a. said...

I know about those sausages- they are yummy. I'll give it a try soon. Thanks!

Elisha Trask said...

sounds so super yummy@@