Wednesday, July 30, 2008

{PS I Passed}



I often struggle with balancing school life and home life, namely figuring out a way to study at home without alienating my kids. A few weeks ago I was studying for the LPN (licensed practical nurse) exam and had holed myself up in my bedroom to do so. The kids assumed I was gone and so a few hours went by in peace and quiet... Then Jillian realized where I was. I was faced with a conundrum, forbid her from remaining in my room for fear she would interrupt my concentration (she loves to chat), or insist she could remain, but had to stay quiet. Well, I'm so glad I chose to let her stay, I just pleasantly informed her that I couldn't visit but she could play quietly on my bed if she wanted. Well, she took it a step further and grabbed her own little chair and books to study. Desi walked in and just grinned, slipping out to grab the camera. It was the cutest thing ever. I sure love this little girl to the tips of her toes. She's just such a pleasure, even after her exceptionally sassy moments, she has the biggest heart and just really loves her momma. And her momma really loves her too....

No comments: