Thursday, July 10, 2008

{Happy Birthday, Baby Blue Eyes}






We celebrated Aiden's birthday on Saturday with family and "partied" it up so to speak. It was a fabulous day. Aiden loved it and was so adorable. His all time fav gift (with which he is playing as I type) is THE most boy toy I can think of, a GIANT Monster Truck that lights up and rocks some sweet guitar riffs => As soon as he opened it he lost all care for his other presents (this one was only number two, mind you => ) they may as well have all been socks for all he cared => Once he got over the truck for a minute he superbly enjoyed the rest of his spoils. He's been getting excellent use out of his awesome selection of dump trucks, McQueen parafenalia (??sp??) and books. My favorite memory of the day was when each time I lit the candle to sing him happy b-day, he blew it out immediately. I swear I must have lit the thing at least five times, we finally made it through the song, which he loved and joined us in singing. Happy Birthday is one of his favorites to sing. If I could ever figure out how to post videos, I would post his lovely rendition. => Well, after all the festivities the day before, we laid pretty low on his actual bday, I couldn't resist a little breakfast treat with a reprise of the song and the candles (I had to relight them several times as well.) SO here are a few in honor of one of the best days of my life, Aiden Christian's birth.
PS: Thanks to Jaime for the great info on where to find the decor. Good ole' Wally-world as my mom-in-law calls it.

2 comments:

Fowler family said...

your kids are so cute. Love that last one of your daughter engulfing the donut. What a great idea- so much easier (and yummier) than cake.

Jensen Five said...

your cupcakes turned out so cute! love the doughnut idea!