Tuesday, June 26, 2007
It's Official...
I am officially accepted into the Nursing program at Chemeketa CC! Wow.... talk about crazy emotions... I am very excited to be moving ahead in my career and that it is so close to home. I am not so excited about finding a place for my kiddos to be while I'm in school however. I never thought I'd feel so strongly about being home to raise them. A large part of my decision to go into nursing is to allow me to continue working part-time (once I'm through) and still contribute to our household. It also will allow me to continue towards my dream of becoming a nurse practitioner or PA someday. I just can't believe its happening! At church this past Sunday the pastor (James) gave the most amazingly appropriate talk about how God asks us to do things he knows we can't do. This gives Him the opportunity to show his true power in our lives by making the impossible, possible. The example he used was the story of the loaves of bread and the fishes. He knew the disciples were unable to feed thousands with only 5 loaves and 2 fish, and yet he still demanded that they "feed them". He made it possible and blew up their faith in Him and, most importantly His Father. I know that what I must do is have faith that He has a plan for me or He would not ask me to leave my kids and follow this calling I've had since I was 15 years old. I only pray that my faith is strong and unwavering that He will watch over their hearts while I'm in school. They are His, after all. He will watch over them. Thanks for listening...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
congrats Elyse! This was a beautiful entry and I loved your pastor's wisdom and analogy.
Congrats Elyse. Now you can start to see the light at the end of the tunnel. You will have your work cut out for you juggling everything but you can do it!! You are amazing and have always been so compassionate. You are going to be an amazing nurse and one day P.A. So proud of you! Way to go girl!
We really didn't get enough time to chat yesterday- I'm so proud of you! Thank you so much for bringing your whole family last night. Your song was so beautiful and such a treasure!
Congratulations on getting into the nursing program. That's wonderful.
I love you!
I am so excited for you. You will see that everything will work out just fine.
Amy
Post a Comment