Thursday, June 21, 2007

Night on the Town








My little baby cousin is not so baby anymore... Kirsten Michelle, I always say, was my first baby. She was born when I was 10 years old and I was immediately in love. She spent much of her first year of life aboard a sail boat visiting places like Tonga and Tahiti with her adventurous parents, returning a toe-headed little thing brown as a bear and sweet as ever. Two of my cousins, Jenny and Bridget, shared my obsession. The three of us, all around the same age, spent days and days at my Aunt's house changing diapers, practicing the alphabet, and coaxing little Kirsten to mimmick animal sounds (our favorites were froggy- ribbit-ribbit, and Turkey- gobble-gobble...really too adorable. Well now that little treasure is 21 years old!! I just can't believe how the time flies. So, before she heads off for her summer job in Florida then to her senior year of college, we managed to scare up some time for some good ole' karaoke => It was soooo much fun to belt out tunes like, Fallin (Alicia Keys), Since you Been Gone (Kelly Clarkson), and Last Dance w/ Mary Jane (Tom Petty), with my "baby-girl". I don't think I'd ever heard her sing before, and she was good! In true Eichsteadt fashion she and I would inadvertently switch to the harmony parts at the same time, leaving the melody out => So cool! I don't think any Eichsteadt really sings the melody, to be honest => Anyhoo, Thanks Jenn, Kirsten, and Adrienne (not pictured) for a fabulous night. It really felt like a step back in time to those free wheeling days before chillins =>

2 comments:

emily a. said...

I'm so glad to finally see some picture of you too! You look fantastic Elyse. Glad you found some time for just a girls night. I miss hearing you sing!

emily a. said...

Hi Elyse- again,
So you have a surprise for us on saturday? I CANNOT WAIT!! Seth is in charge of the music area. I know he really wanted to get Balafon- can you imagine? That would've been the best but didn't work out. Some of his buddies might be playing or he might just have an iPod attached to speakers- I'm not sure. Were you hoping for a mic? I'll check into it. We're doing this so low key I don't know about all the details.

I CANNOT wait to see you! Miss you so much!
Love you, Em