Monday, October 24, 2011

Close your eyes, listen...

you're in Paris..... well, at least I am



** august 2000, Austin, TX to Houston in my charcoal Accord with matching leather seats, heater blasting, (it's 100+ outside) car overheating, melting. To the consulate office to pick up my passport. (twice I made this trip, same scenario bc I forgot my license the first time) Belle and Sebastian mix blaring over the roar of the wind and the heater. Bawling my eyes out on the plane, leaving my boyfriend half a world away. Landing in France. New friends. Baguettes and Fois Gras in front of the Eiffel Tower. Running through the Parc au Buttes Chaumont, Running through the streets of Paris with Sonali to cheers of "Bon Courage!" and "Bon Chance" from the passers by. L'as du Falafel every other day practically (favorite of Lenny Kravitz btw, says so on the sign out front) Cafe Columbus with friends, traveling Europe with my boyfriend (husband). Dancing at the Budda Bar. Late night bus rides home. Feels like a lifetime ago. This song takes me back....

No comments: