
I feel like his little life has passed all too quickly so far and can hardly believe he's FIVE!!! I love this little boy so much, I can hardly express how kindred our spirits are. Other than his obsession with video games, there isn't much about our Aiden that isn't pleasant and sweet. He's got the best attitude towards life. His most often reply to any request is "Sure!" He's rarely shy when meeting new people and usually warms up right away. He's kind to his older sister, even after she's been dreadfully bossy, which is often. He sure loves his mommy and my heart breaks everytime he asks me to snuggle just a little longer after we read books at night. In the busy rush of life I, as most parents of young children do I'm sure, crave those brief moments alone once the kids are settled in their beds (or dishes, as we call them) when presented with this request I try and remember there will come a day when he's too busy for his fuddy duddy mom and to cherish these moments more than my own free time. I really don't want to look back and regret failing to take time with my little people I've been blessed to raise. That's why five sort of freaks me out. Next year is kindergarten and little by little more independence. And as much relief as that brings it also brings heartache. So happy birthday to my still little boy. I love you way more than my luggage and look forward to watching you grow into the undoubtably wonderful young man you will surely become.
Love, Mom

No comments:
Post a Comment