Monday, April 19, 2010

laugh if you must

so I don't know if pregnancy brain is due to all the crazy hormones surging through your body or the fact that your mind is now consumed with alllllllll the possibilities and anxieties of being pregnant. So far I've left my straightener on allllllll day, oops, thank goodness it didn't burn the house down, I am a spaz and seem to lose my train of thought before I even get it rolling, I am an anxious crazy person worrying that EVERYTHING might be affecting the growing fetus (have you ever considered perfume or face lotion as a possible harm to your fetus? well I never did before either). SUCH a freak! AND to top it off I've lay awake night after night stressing on who to choose as my provider. It's seriously stressing me out. I finally decided to go back to the dr that delivered Aiden, he was nice enough and has a good rep. It is however at the baby factory of all baby factories, St Vincents in Beaverton, a whopping hour away, when the very hospital I work at, in the birth center mind you, is a mere 15 mins. I swear, maybe its the lack of caffiene that is making me crazy but holy socks my poor husband is a saint to deal with me. Yikes. I am also super impatient and totally perseverate on wierd thoughts, which include food! I think I'll be a heifer if I can't find something to curb my appetite. Desi was laughing at me as I hopped on the eliptical just now (but had to pause to type this, hello impatient) after a 50 min walk earlier. I told him I will have to step it up or it could be frightening. Lets just sat I will have to avoid alllll fried Chinese food items when we get take out as they CALL my name until they are entirely gone. SO sad and hilarious at the same time. Anyhow. That's all for now. Just an anxious, blobbby, foolio. Now back to the eliptical, lol.

2 comments:

emily a. said...

You are so funny Elyse. I think all the worries and thoughts are normal when you've been wanting, praying and wishing for this baby for so long. BUT give yourself a break. You are so itty bitty- maybe that baby needs some yummy Chinese to get nice and strong.

Would you not want to deliver where you work? I could understand that but an hour drive is kind of crazy. Do you go into labor fast? Is that where your apt's would be too? When is your due date?

I am getting SO SO SO SO SO excited to see you and to be so 'close'.

The Bailey's said...

Oh, you captured the essence of pregnancy brain so well and thank you for making me laugh tonight... needed that! I'm so excited for you and your little growing baby (who feels fine about you wearing moisturizer)!

I didn't remember that you loved Amy Grant. I always long for her Christmas album when the holidays roll around!

LOVE YOU!!!