Tuesday, April 27, 2010

a few new tunes

this is a favorite of mine lately to sing along to while I exercise or dance to with the kids in my bedroom =) It is totally every little boys dream, this video. So sweet, my little Spencer started singing along to it with me one afternoon when he was over. I about melted. Soooooo cute! He totally loves it and it makes me love it even more...



When I was a child I grew up listening to Amy Grant. In fact she was my hero, if I could have spent one day with any star, it would have been her hands down. Well, I heard this song on the radio a couple of times this week and it just took me right back, and I had to post it. She is such a beautiful soul. I listened to a tape of her bible stories every night to fall asleep for years. I still have it, but they just don't make tape players like they used to... I remember in some of my darkest days back in college. Desi was in Texas, my mom in California, my friends spread to the four winds, I was at Oregon State (no offense OSU, its not your fault I was miserable while I attended your fine institution and hence harbor a bit of distaste for my experience there) I was battling some serious inner demons and was surrounded, blessedly by a wonderful God that gave me a heaven sent roomate, Cadie Robison, and her friends, Adam, his sweet sister Amy, and Phil, who helped keep my spirits afloat. I remember I saw Amy was playing at the Holt Center in Eugene and I decided at the last minute, I would spend $40 (which I'm sure I didn't have) to see her. I arrived just before intermission and the ticket booth was long since closed and I was shut out. Well, I met this nice young man, who also without a ticket and he just took me by the elbow and walked me in with the intermission crowd. Now, maybe that was cheating since I never did pay, but I felt so blessed. I needed to be uplifted, and wow was I ever. So anyhow... Loooooo-ng story but here is the song...

2 comments:

emily a. said...

We grew up listening to Amy Grant too. I think 'Father's Eyes' was one of my all-time favorites. I'm glad you shared your story- sorry that I wasn't around to be a better friend to you but glad Cadee, Adam, Amy and Phil were there.

I love that new song too- I love it when you put on new music. Pompalamoose is one of our favorites. Sage LOVES the September song and dances like a crazed girl to it.

emily a. said...

I haven't ever heard that song- it's beautiful.