
We had a surprise "extreme weather" warning yesterday that was so severe that Desi's office shut down early and sent everyone home. I, of course, had been watching a Lightning McQueen marathon due to little mister and a case of the pukie-sans so I missed out on all the storm warnings I probably would have seen had I been watching regular TV. Jilly and Aleks were playing like champs all day and approached me in the kitchen with their matching bike helmets and asked if they could have a picnic. (I've been reading "Best Friends for Francis" to Jilly the past month or so at bedtime per her request, so she's sorta in picnic mode) they wanted to ride their bikes into the grass field behind our house assuring me they would be within eyeshot. About that time I saw the ominous looking clouds in the distance and cautioned them they should probably just picnic on the patio or they might get soaked. Since their helmets "have holes" in them they were easily persuaded, although they were insistant that it wouldn't rain. (already looking forward to the know-it-all teen years, ughhh)



They lasted about a minute on the patio when the wind began blowing their napkins and chip bags around. So they settled on sitting inside near the slider to watch "the thunder" as they refer to lightning.

Of course the storm blew in like mad, so glad it was just heavy heavy rain and wind in our area as some areas had quarter sized hail and tornados!! This is a reason I left the south =) I got stories, let me tell ya, but another day. So anyhow, we were fine, but the girls shrieked with excitement and fear

waking up the sleeping monster that was still feeling yucky,

but the storm passed and hubs made it home praise the Lord. Anyhoo... that's the excitement in this neck of the woods.

No comments:
Post a Comment