Saturday, May 23, 2009

manuel labor

We're officially working on the yard. Yes folks, the time has arrived, now that school is coming to a close and the sunshine is shinin. No longer will we be among the hated and scorned of the neighborhood with our weeds flourishing and abounding. I participated in the dirt digging and smoothing today, much to my husbands great pride. I managed to smooth the large clods and piles of dirt, gravel, and weeds Desi dug out of the area between the road and the sidewalk and dumped along the retaining wall in the back yard. I feel like a real Manuel, that's for sure. I got a silly sunburn to show for it, must not have good aim with the spray sunscreen. Oops.






After a few hours in the summer shine, little mister and I chilled with our favorite summer treat. Blended chai... For those of you who have never sampled the "Big Train" I highly recommend it. Delicious, creamy, spicey like pumpkin pie...mmmm. All it requires is a little ice, a little agua, and some powder mix in the blender. YUM!






2 comments:

Erickson Family said...

You are just plain gorgeous!

Amy Sue said...

Yummy--chi is my new favorite! Good for you gettin out there and gettin dirty!

BTW--you look fabulous and your kids are so adorable. I love checkin out your pics!