Wednesday, August 06, 2008

{A-Town Escapades}

The living legend returns to....TACO DELI!!! Not even kidding, every current employee who met Desi for the first time began the conversation with "So YOU'RE Desi!" He and Robert and Eric (the two owners) forged a strong bond in the early days of Taco Deli, Desi running routes, and Roberto and Eric the restaurant. FYI, Andrea, you and Heidi must eat here!!! Taco Deli (especially the original on Spyglass near Zilker) is about the BEST Tex-Mex I have EVER had. No joke. Just try the Ceviche, the queso, the Frontera Fundido and especially the Dona salsa.... A-Mazing.... We wish we could have it shipped over night to Oregon. Maybe someday we'll open the franchise we've always contemplated. That would be the first outside of Austin, however.
Oh, and a few parting shots...I'll miss you Austin...








Why couldn't this have been there when we lived there... Our friends and old landlords built this amazing pool after we moved home. Well we did enjoy a dip this time around, so lovely... Its salt water too, with a waterfall....and pool lights that change colors... fancy.


The Alamo Draft House and some Batman...gotta love my bro in law, Daron, we missed the part with the fingers in the pits, however...







Some friendly faces. My good friend Victoria and her hubby Robert, my good friend Lauren, my brother, his wife Harmony, and the handsome new Olan Andrew, (Harmony's cousin's little baby, isn't he sweet)... miss these folks...






Some of the cityscape. I loved the girl in the picture. I met her in the shop she worked in and she was as unique as she was lovely. And so maybe she complimented my boho Tarjet dress and thought it must be Marc Jacobs or Zac Posen, and though it wasn't what was so lovely about her, it probably was quite a conversation starter.





Only in Austin...okay, maybe not, but definitely a new experience for me => We grooved to James Brown-esque tunes spun by a myriad of A-Town djs with an Amy Winehouse-like dancer shakin it to the beat. Well, she wasn't the only one shakin it... we all dripped some sweat by the time we tired out from workin it out, Cosby style! Okay so maybe I don't know what that means exactly, but it fit, surprisingly...





The "Hula Hut", my first job in Austin. Good times... And GREAT chips and salsa!!!




1 comment:

Heidi said...

Your trip looks like so much fun Elyse. I'll definately try that tex-mex. Sounds delicious. Austin really is a cool city and I've hardly seen any of it.
Glad you had fun!