Monday, July 02, 2007

For Mom...

This montage is really a vehicle for a song I wrote for Emi and Ryan. I'm sure there are better ways to add a song to your blog, I am technilogically challenged so this is what you get. I couldn't add enough pictures to get the whole song to play, so excuse the loooong pauses on a few of the slides. This is a very low-fi recording done in my Dad's living room. The saving grace of this song are the three guitar parts my Dad wrote off the cuff, seriously, he just ad-libbed them as the song went along. I am so lucky to have such a musical inspiration like my Dad. He's truly so gifted... Thanks for all your help Dad!!

7 comments:

Fowler family said...

Wow Elyse! That was awesome! That recording was wonderful. What a neat thing to give Emily. Thanks for sharing your beautiful voice and heart.

Mama Nirvana said...

I loved hearing the song again. Would you mind writing out the lyrics?

Amy

Julia said...

Oh Elyse my heart is leaping for joy right now. I have wanted to hear you sing for a while now. I have missed your gorgeous voice. This montage was so sweet and the recording was great. I loved seeing the pics of your parents. They look great! My sister said that it was really nice catching up with you at the reception. I wish I could of been there. You are one talented lady and I am so glad that you keep blessing us with it. Love ya-Julia

emily a. said...

Thank you so much Elyse for that song. It was so touching at the celebration and I'm so glad you gave us a copy of it for us to keep. It really is a treasure! Your parents do look great. Give them a hug from me next time you see them.
I love you!

Ditto Family said...

I'm so glad that I was honored to hear the LIVE performance of Elyse! It had been WAY too long. The words were absolutely beautiful as were the vocals and guitar.

It meant so much to Emi that you brought your whole family to come celebrate!

Jensen Five said...

I have to "ditto" what Julia said. It was so nice to hear your amazing voice again. I love the song and got a little teary! You are truly talented, Elyse.

Elyse said...

Thank you so much for your kind words. It really encourages me to keep trying to write. I always feel my songs are so cheesy, but they are heart-felt. I will post the lyrics for you, Amy. Thanks for the support =>