Monday, March 05, 2007

Let's go fly a kite...






Well, I swear, our new home in Mt. Angel is probably in the most windy area I have ever experienced. It's crazy how a little windy weather can make you feel like you want to cover up with a blanket and hide. The other day, however, was exceptionally windy. Lucky for us we have a baseball field behind our house, so my motivated husband pulled out his kite that had been in storage for just such an occasion. Jillian bundled up in an outfit of her choosing (pajamas from her cousin, a sweater, and a jacket...goon) It was so windy we had to pin her bangs up or she couldn't see. So anyhoo, she then ran out the sliding glass door and out into the field with Daddy. It was hilarious to watch her brave the wind, tiny thing that she is, I thought she might blow away. Well, she lasted about 5 minutes out there with the kite then came back in crying because it was too cold. I tried to bundle her up more and send her back out, but she wouldn't have it. The wind had traumatized her. Desi, however, had a great time flying his kite. The wind had it's way with it though and broke one of the supporting rods. I guess it's back to the kite shop...

No comments: