Saturday, September 08, 2007

{Gossip, Don't Pass it On}


I remember this poster on my good friend Stacey's closet door when we were in middle school. Oh my goodness, was it ever true!


Not only does gossip leave a bad taste in your mouth, but a mess from person to person. Yuck!! Let's follow the Golden Rule, treat others as you would like to be treated. If you don't want people to say unkind words about you, don't speak them about others. ....exit soapbox =>

4 comments:

emily a. said...

A good reminder and a blast from the past. What made you think of that poster and how did you find that?

Elyse said...

I guess all the jibber-jabber of my friends talking about so-and-so just finally hit the breaking point last night. I'm definitely not innocent as I have done my share of jibber-jabbering my irritation with others about a person who is not present. I just am sort of disgusted with the maliciousness of people at the moment and this poster came to mind. I always noticed it in Space's room and thought it was very visually accurate. I looked it up by googling "gossip mormon poster" and it was actually a magazine cover in 1982? Wierd. I just wish my friends that need to see it read my blog...

Mama Nirvana said...

That's my favorite Mormonad (that's what they were called). Thanks for the reminder!

Amy

emily a. said...

You have a good memory, Elyse. It really is the best visual representation of gossip. Thaks for the reminder about how horrible it is. Sadly it is easy to "jump on the band wagon" sometimes and join in- whether hurtful or not in your mind BUT it really is never okay.

Thanks again.