I just had to write this stuff down before I forget. First of all, it was the most heartwarming moment for me today when Desi came home. Aiden sat up from nursing and grinned when he saw his Daddy walk in the door. He stood up on the couch and giggled to get Desi's attention. I stood him up on the floor behind the sofa and he then proceeded to crawl furiously for his Dad... Desi then swept him up in his arms and greeted his "Buddy". I can't tell you how awesome that moment was to me. I know Desi's always wanted that instant excitement of "Daddy's Home!!!!" from his kids and Jillian hasn't always been so obliging, being the stubborn little thing she can be =>Don't get me wrong, she Looooo-ves her Daddy, but this sort of welcome home has never really come naturally. So in short, it was sooooooooo special to me (and hopefully to Desi) that Aiden shows this unabashed adoration for his Dad. I just love it that it was unprompted and totally genuine. What a neat moment...
The next is a conversation between Desi and Jillian that cracked me up b/c she was practically quoting what I tell her all the time: I guess I'm a bit extreme in my paranoia, you'll see what I mean when you read this:
Jillian: There's a buuug on the wall over there, Daddy.
Desi: What?
Jillian: A Buuu-uug, Daddy. Can you get 'eem (him).
Desi: Yeah, I'll get 'eem, and I'll eat 'im.
Jillian: (face panicked) NO, Daddy! You can't eat im!!
Desi: (looking like the cat that ate the cream) Yes, I can! I'll get im and eat im up!
Jillian: (even more horrified) No, No, Daddy, you can't do that you'll get sick!
Desi: Yes, I can, I'm gonna get that bug and eat im up! Mmmm!
Jillian: (still looking worried) You don't wanna eat im, that's yucky! You can eat im if you wanna get sick and puke all over!
Desi: (trying not to laugh and feigning worry) Oh, Okay then. I guess I won't eat him.
Elyse: (trying not to crack up)
I guess I get a bit descriptive when describing what can happen when a person eats something they shouldn't... => Is that such a bad thing?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
That was a sweet moment and I loved the dialoge between Desi and Jillie. She sounds like such a character.
Post a Comment