Sunday, November 12, 2006

Roll over- roll over!

Well, I'm feeling a bit lazy tonight to add the pics just yet, but I have to write this stuff down before I forget the details. Aiden rolled over for the first time Tuesday November 7th at 9:30am!! => I was on the phone with my mom when it happened, so I told her "you were practically here!"=> He's just growing like a weeeeed! Everyone says he's big for a 4 month old, and I believe it. He has his 4 month appointment tommorrow so we'll see exactly how big, big is. => He just has the cuteset little face and the sweetest personality. He just loves to smile and belly laugh. I took him to church with me this morning and he handled the loud music really well, even trying to sing along! =>

Speaking of church, man was it a great message today. I'm just amazed at how the Lord works in our lives and brings people together. We've (well, mostly me=> ) have been attending church with my mom up in Wilsonville at this great community church called Grace Chapel. My sister was actually the first to find out about it through her boyfriend's (Jeff Pool for those of you who know him) co-worker. Well, then my mom and Mark started going and convinced me to join them (after about a year and a half of trying). And boy, they just have the most amazing music and powerful messages every week. I really like that they sort of break down the bible and present it's message in different series (ie: parenting series, marriage series, etc..) Having grown up Catholic, I felt very disconnected with the bible (boy is it raining out there!!! just an aside) So it's like a whole new world for me and my spiritual journey. Anyhow, the reason I gave this whole list of who got me to attend GC boils down to the message of todays talk which was Community. The crux of the message was that we need to interact with people and make sure we're staying connected with our friends and family that make up our community. It's so important because we never know just how we can positively impact others in our lives. Jeff and his co-worker, who are not even Christian mind you, managed to positively impact not only the lives of those they're directly in contact with, but their pastor friend (Peter, the guy giving the talk today) managed to radically impact the lives of 4 people he'd never even met just through these relationships. They ended the talk with an atypical song choice, U2's "With or Without You". It brought tears to my eyes. It was so moving. Anyhow, I just had to share.

Another exciting note, we signed on our house on Friday so it's really ours!! Yippee! We're just waiting for them to finish fixing the punch list of items we had for them. We're hoping to be in Thanksgiving weekend. The only part I'm not looking forward to is packing with kids. => But it's a small price to pay => So I really will post pictures asap. I'm sure I'll have more to say too. Take care, and for you Oregonian's, don't float away!~Time for Desperate House Wives

1 comment:

Harmony said...

WOW! Isn't it amazing that you can get the same message through so many different belief systems? I'm not Christian, but the concept is the same, regardless. You know, community is a major part of the success of John's and my marriage. And it was intentional. We have asked the people we know to hold us to our word to love each other, to take care of each other, to forgive each other. When we fight, everyone gets involved, helps to sort us out, loves us both the same, never blames either of us for the problems, just works to find the solution. And the result? We make up really quickly! I mean, it is a real pain having to answer to a dozen different people about why I haven't apologized yet! But it makes us so happy, creates so much love. I know that if something happened to either of us, that we have loved each other as completely as possible and we have no regrets. That is a true gift. So, anyway, thanks for the story, and thanks for being part of our community, and supporting us with your love!