Thursday, December 15, 2011

Happy Birthday, Rowan...

Photobucket

This morning, 6am, scooting around the darkened Christmas tree, preparing to enter your room for your am feeding, I am transported. One year ago, tiny newborn and my dreams came true... I feel sad this year has flown by so quickly but I can't be tearful for the joy as your presence is overwhelming me. We have come a long way to welcome you. Two years of nursing school, seven months of trying, 2 years of night shift, and we've arrived. Normalcy, and the sweetest little one year old I could ask for. After the difficulty of working at night through my entire pregnancy I couldn't believe how very rested and peaceful I felt waking up in the night with you and facing many colicky hours of the day with you as well =) My mom would constantly tell me how rested I appeared. I think part of that was just arriving to this moment I'd been longing for since your big brother was 2. To this moment to be home with my family, soaking all of you up and getting to do my most important job of all, being a mother.
Last year, at this time, I was subsisting on Christmas cookies alone. I had such an aversion to coffee most of my pregnancy and that first sip of decaf after you were born, was bliss. Black as can be. So funny to me. I felt SO GOOD! I couldn't describe it, but it was more than a physical weight that was lifted. I constantly felt like taking off running, which I did actually a few times-- grin, all the way up the Abby hill, which is quite a feat for those who've had the great pleasure of walking up it. We regularly visited Grammy's house, which you always loved and were most content. You are still a party animal and enjoy people around you and a busy atmosphere. (so like your mother =) Fast forward to now... This song pretty much says it all, Rowan....



Photobucket

1 comment:

emily a. said...

I can't believe he's already one. He's so adorable. LOVE that song, it was beautiful.