
Sweet little man of mine, handsome no.3. Here are your stats:
Wt 11lbs 3.5oz (25th percentile)
Lg 23in (50th percentile)
Head 15.75in (75th percentile)
What you're doing little man: cooing, smiling, tracking with your eyes, like to look at yourself in the mirror, love to gaze at your momma, sissy and grammy are a close second, like to be held facing out (feels good on the belly), sleeping 6-8hours first stretch and 2-4hrs second stretch with some nights waking every 2-3 hours, love to eat (I'm taking herbs to increase my milk to keep up with you and pumping for occassional supplementation), you're belly aching has encouraged me to give up dairy in hopes you'll get some relief, we're 4 days into it with no real noticable difference yet, but I'll keep trying. You're trying to master your hand movements and make me laugh when you accidently bop yourself in the face. Overall you're becoming more aware of your surroundings and you're oh so fun to watch grow and change. I relish the peaceful bedtime moments when you snuggle into my chest and wriggle your way down to the crook of my arm. I secretly breathe in your sweet breath and wish I could not only capture the memory but the exact sensation of holding you're sweet little body in my arms. It's so quickly passing by already... I found myself crying on the way to your appointment today feeling happy and sad at the same time. We are in the thick of it. The meaty, crazy busy, fun, exhausting, exhilirating time of childrearing and when it's over we can never return... So I'm soaking you up, and your brother and sister as well. I love you more than you can possibly fathom, that is until the day you hold your very own little one in the crook of your arm and breathe in his sweet breath. Maybe then you'll know...

4 comments:
That was so sweet Elyse, made me a little teary.
We've all been so sick at our house for the last 1 1/2 weeks. Mila's had horrible nights so the combo of being sleep deprived and sick my patience with Sage has been so low. I'm so glad I read this because I needed to be reminded how precious this time is and how sweet these little ones just are.
And little Rowan, he is just so so so beautiful.
This is a wonderful post, Elyse. Such lovely words, and an even lovelier baby boy :)
That was such a beautiful post, glad I stumbled onto your blog today!
Love him!
Post a Comment