
a night for reflecting. Newborns don't make for the most traditional of valentine days, especially Mr. Fussbudget. I sat in his room rocking him to sleep with the pacifier he generally dislikes. I usually nurse him before bed but he had spit up quite voluminously over the course of the last hour and I determined overeating due to his bubbly tummy was probably contributing greatly to his discomfort and he seemed to be content with the pacifier. Lately his gassy belly and voracious appetite has made me feel like breastfeeding is causing more harm than good, even though I know its overall the best thing for him, I can't help but wonder if everything I consume is causing his painful gas. I've been through this before with Jillian, you just forget how hard colic is on everyone. He does have peaceful moments, but they generally only last 20-40 minutes max then the crying begins and holding him facing out and walking around is about the only thing that settles him. Hence the increased spit up probably. In any case he is so adorable and smiles and coos so sweetly, usually followed but a gurgling spit up, that I can't help but wish he was like that more often. Only time will help, and probably when I'm back at work.
another observation, as I rock Rowan, I hear the thumps and bumps of my daughter racing up and down the hall. This is the result of the large quantities of sugar she consumed no doubt. Hilarious it is to me at this time, as much as it can drive me batty her constant motion. and I mean CONSTANT. as I type this she is leaping from the chair to the floor, across her brother and dad as we watch a movie, slurping an ice cube and ensuring I don't miss any of her favorite moments. (despicable me, their current favorite) anyhow, it cracked me up when she opened the door to the nursery with my stethoscope whispering I need to listen to her racing heart. Funny she doesn't realize its because of her racing around it's beating faster.
my valentine. He thought of the sweetest Valentine surprise for the kids, a scavenger hunt. He cut out heart shaped paper and wrote the most adorable rhymes leading the kids from clue to clue. They loved it, probably more then the actual treats =) He's been sick with a cold so I didn't even get to smooch his lips today, but he really is the most wonderful and supportive husband. Every night he reads to the older kids and puts them to bed while I deal with the baby, and every night I think to myself how lucky I am to call him my life partner. I could not do this alone and not even half as well without him. I am so grateful he's the man he is and that we've managed to grow together over all these years. I hope he knows it.




I made terribly ugly, but awfully delicious lava cakes, which we ate before dinner. We were hoping for pizza, but the place we wanted to order from was closed, so we settled for Chinese. It was good even tho it wasn't what we were craving. We popped Aiden's popcorn he got from his teacher for Valentine's and had a family night at his request, hence the movie.

I'll post the photos of the day tomorrow, but for now I'm settling for this little reflection on this 2.14.11. Here's to all you lovers out there...
PS I should really take a video of jillian, it's comical really
In honor of our movie night here are my favorite hits from Despicable Me, so adorable it is

2 comments:
I enjoyed reading yoru thoughts so much! Motherhood is definitely bitter sweet... thankfully heavy on the sweet, usually. You're such an amazing mother and your kids are so blessed to have both you and Desi.
Despicable Me is a favorite around here as well!
That sounds like Valentines around our house too. We were all sick so it was one of those 'we'll kiss next week' days too. You do an amazing job with your family Elyse.
Post a Comment