
You're gonna think this has turned into a recipe blog. lol. I promise it's not, just had to post these good culinary efforts so I can find them again. Ha ha. Saw a commercial for Olive Garden and had a sudden hankering for their Zuppa Toscana and thought surely there has to be a descent copy cat recipe. Well I found one and it is quite delicious. I used bulk mild italian sausage, browned and drained it. I also caramelized the onions and garlic before adding the liquid and potatoes. I prob will add less vegis next time, only because my favorite part is the broth. But it is delicious I also blended half whipping cream and half 1% milk. Just to make myself feel better =) milk alone would prob be just fine. Anyhow, if you need a good healthy (I mean, who doesn't need creative ways to include greens like kale in your diet--wink) and hearty fall meal, this is a good one.
Olive Garden Copycat Zuppa Toscana
By Cycle Michael on August 26, 2002
Photo
Photo by PA Cindy
282 Reviews
* timer
* Prep Time: 20 mins
* Total Time: 1 1/2 hrs
* Serves: 4-6
About This Recipe
"This is a clone of the Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana. Tried and true."
Ingredients
o 1 lb Italian sausage ( I like mild sausage)
o 2 large russet baking potatoes, sliced in half,and then in 1/4 inch slices
o 1 large onions, chopped
o 1/2 can oscar meyer bacon bits
o 2 cloves garlic, minced
o 2 cups kale or 2 cups swiss chard, chopped
o 2 cans chicken broth
o 1 quart water
o 1 cup heavy whipping cream
Directions
1. Cook sausage in a 300°F oven for approximately 30 minutes.
2. Drain sausages on paper towels and cut into slices.
3. Place onions, potatoes, chicken broth, water, garlic in pot, and cook on medium heat until potatoes are done.
4. Add sausage and bacon.
5. Salt and pepper to taste.
6. Simmer for another 10 minutes.
7. Turn to low heat.
8. Add kale and cream.
9. Heat through and serve.

No comments:
Post a Comment