Monday, June 21, 2010

music of the day...

I'm feelin the old favorites today as I'm baking in the kitchen. If I were to try out for American Idol again (didn't know that I bet =) I would have sung this as was my original plan, but switched last minute to Nora Jones. Not very wise, but this somg has my heart...



had to post this one too, listen to the ease and flexible beauty of her young, effortless voice.... such a treasure she is



guess it's a day for the ladies... singer songwriter that is


Jonatha Brooke... seriously gorgeous music



Shawn Colvin... reminds me of my mom and life in Austin,TX


and because I'm on a roll and because the boys deserve some air time too, here's alittle Iron and Wine, Love Song of the Buzzard...ahhhhh, heavenly chords and harmonies.

1 comment:

emily a. said...

Joni Mitchell is one of my fav's and your voice has a similar quality. When you come over to visit will you sing for me? I miss it just about as much as I miss YOU!