Monday, July 27, 2009

for my girl

What I’d give for just one day to hold you in my arms that way. Your skin so soft your smell so new your tiny body my honey dew. Never a love like that I’ve known, such a treasure I’ve been shown. And here you grow so day by day. How I wish I could keep time at bay.
But time flies by like blades of grass that, in summer heat , fades from green
and lay in fields awaiting rain.
How heavy is my heart some days thinking of all the many ways I fail you here and success seems fleeting I only pray my unending love can heal the wounds my
impatience can inflict.
So many roses and thorns they say, ouch and tears I’ll kiss them away, please say you’ll stay my baby girl forever in your heart and mine. Until the very end of time. You love me more than all the days I’m alive, you proclaim, I love you so much I have no name for the value of such a priceless gift you seem so willing to give me in just one kiss.

1 comment:

emily a. said...

Beautiful. Where's the music to this poem?