




No, I'm not pregnant => However, I did get a new "baby" for my B-day...a real camera => I'm sort of embarrassed to say, however, I am so excited to pursue a hobby of photography. I've been OBSESSED with photoblogs for the past year and am reallllly hesitant to post pictures when I've seen the real deal with my own eyes. However, if I never try, I'll never get better. So here it is!! I now need to invest in a good portrait lens and some photoshop (we lost ours when when our computer went pooh-ee on us) As well as some basic lessons in how to process pictures. Any suggestions are much appreciated, but be kind =>
So anyhoo, I've loved this old Foundry building by our house and have had many visions of photos there, although I'm not exactly sure how to compose the shots or how to tweak my camera just so, but here are some verrrrrrry rough shots and the sun was about gone, but it was really fun to try.

6 comments:
I'm so very jealous. How exciting! That's a great birthday gift. You got it in perfect time to take lots of pictures of all the family Christmas parties and festivities!
Yeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaa! I know that feeling -- the mixed emotion of excitement and nervousness of the challenge of trying to take a good picture. But, practice practice practice. I love taking pictures and it has consumed me . My kids run away any time I take out my camera bag. Any questions you might have drop me a note and I will try to help. Oh yeah--what camera did you get???
Thanks guys!! I got a Nikon D40 which has its limitations, however, was a really reasonable deal for an amateur photographer. Hopefully I will become skilled enough to warrant purchase of snazzier device one day, but until then I'm pretty pleased => BTW I LOVED the picture you took by the door in Venice Beach, Jules. So cool!
I'm so envious of your new "baby", but am so excited for you!
Yeah!!!
So fun! Can't wait to see many more!
Post a Comment