Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Movin on up!!

Well, this past weekend we put an offer on our first house!! eeek! I can't believe it! We've been looking for ages and ages with no luck. Every house we could find in our price range would be snatched up so quickly. This house is even better than all the others we looked at. It's brand new in a new development in Mt. Angel (just 8 miles east of Woodburn). Mt Angel is a charming little town known for its annual Oktoberfest celebration. I'm so excited. The only bittersweet aspect is that I'm still too far away from my mom (portland) and my dad (Gladstone). Boy did we look everywhere north! Wilsonville, Tualatin, Canby, even Donald!! They are just asking toooooooo much for even a fixer upper! So unless we wanted to live in townhouse (or build, which would take to long for us in our current living situation. We've outgrown it), we had to look south. So looks like Mt. Angel's the winner. Desi will till be commuting to Lake O, but hopefully we can gain enough equity in the next two years or so we can build our own. I'll post pictures as soon as we take some! => (PS our offer was negotiated and ACCEPTED yesterday!!!)

No comments: