Friday, February 03, 2012

book nook and bums

I realized recently that every January since I began blogging I always have a lull in posting this particular month. Blame it on the short days, the busy month of December that precedes it, the SAD disorder I surely suffer from as an Oregonian, but now it is February. No more excuses! Blog on I say...

Today the sun is out, the sky is blue and my littlest decided to explore his favorite locale in his room... the book nook. Not much cuter than naked baby buns, let's face it.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

this little chunk looks a lot like myself in this photo at his age, buddah belly and all...

Photobucket

This little bear music box was Desi's as a child. My mother-in-law gave it to us as Jillian was (and still is) obsessed with them (and snow globes). It is now caddy whompus and missing a little drum, but surprisingly still plays "My Favorite Things" from Sound of Music and to say Rowan loves it is a gross understatement. He whines for it, kisses it, rolls right over on his changing table to grab it and loves to shove it (lovingly of course) into my face so I can kiss it too. He tries to turn the bottom to make the music play and rocks out sort of too vigorously for the type of music it plays, but he is blissfully unaware. All he knows is that he has found true love and I couldn't love (slash avoid him seeing it most of the time) it more...

Photobucket

pure romance in those eyes I swear

Photobucket

kisses...

Photobucket

1 comment:

emily a. said...

Some of my favorite pictures you've ever taken. He's so adorable and so are all of his rolls.