
Oh, Rowan... You are growing up entirely too fast for me. I can't get enough of your snuggles and cuddly baby body. You are cruising the furniture and do the downward dog like you might try and stand, but then decide against it and revert to your signature army crawl, even though you are perfectly capable of the traditional hands and knees version. You follow me around the house and come find me if I'm out of your view. You love to wave hi vigorously to your dad and I when we get you up from your bed. You like to clap and play peek-a-boo. You enjoy feeding yourself and have become a bit more finicky, darn it, about your food selection. When you're sleepy you love to hold me, while sucking your two fingers of your right hand and playing with my hair with your left. You like to smack my chest while you nurse to hear the sound and grab my mouth and pull my hair, and pinch the underside of my arm (ouch by the way). You are growing out of the 6-12 months quickly, I can't find any shoes that fit your chubby feet and am planning your first pair of UGGS for your first bday. You nurse 4 times a day most days, more often recently as you've been sick with a cold then a stomach bug (lovely diarrhea). I'm dreading quitting nursing, it seems so final and sad, although I'm sure those feelings will subside as the years go by. I truly enjoy you as a part of our family, as does everyone else. I can honestly say you have changed all our lives for the better. Put us all at ease, given us someone in common to adore and spoil. You love to soak up every bit of our attention, although you are very possessive of me and will adamantly push any and all people away that try and give you a hug while I'm holding you. I'm sure there is so much more... next month you will have been with us a beautiful year... So happy for that. Love you, Sweet Boy. Love, Mom
As the seasons change I'm reminded of this song...last year... you and me walking in the moonlight.

No comments:
Post a Comment